WELNESS DAY AND TEAMBUILDING AT THE OFFICE
Family Fun Day
DONATIONS AND INTERACTION
KE MOJA TRAINING AND AWARENESS
In 2016 the Proud Beginners Cycling Club to take a tour to Durban on their bikes.
The idea came that they should also combine it5 with a fundraising for charity.
They decided that Bethlehem Child and Family Welfare would be the Charity they support. The first tour to us was in October in 2016 during which they handed us a cheque of R 20 000 and a lot of clothes and food.
This year (2017) the second tour was also in October. During this event at our shelter Tshepong Ya Rona, they met with some of our children and management. We received a cheque of R63 000 and food and material assistance to the value of R18 000. Their inspirational words to us and our children is contagious and from the heart.
We are proud to be associated with you and we thank you for all your hard work. You are truly our brothers.
Something good that the team did manage to give these children during the past year, was beautiful memories. By the grace of God, we were fortunate enough to take the children for camps, for visits at the lion farm, Lion’s Rock, and also for a holiday at the sea during December 2016.
The holiday programme was facilitated by the chief social worker (Ms. Etrése De Klerk), two new junior social workers (Ms. Luleka Lipaphang and Ms. Tshidi Mokoena) along with Ms. Thembi Xaba (a volunteer). Ms. Lipaphang was appointed in March and Ms. Mokoena was appointed mid- June. Ms. Xaba is currently a grade 10 learner at Retief High School.
On 11 November 2017, invited poverty stricken children will attend the Santa Shoe Box function.
At the Bienniel General meeting held on 27 October 2017 the following persons was elected to be on the board for the next 2 years .
- Mr MS Mofokeng Chairman of the Board and currently acting Chairman of the Board of Free State Province. He is also a member of the National Board of Child Welfare.
- Mnr Oubaas De Coning – deputy Chairman of the board and Chairman of the Board of the Child And Youth Care Centre ( Thepong Ya Rona_)
- Me Suzette De Jager – Treasurer
- Me Julia Siyaya – Community member of Board
- Mr Mako Mako – Community member of the board
- Me Dudu Nkutha– Representative of Foster parents
- Mmanako Mkhalipi – Community member of the board