Bethlehem Child and Family Welfare were founded in 1926. It is a non-profit and non-government organisation. Over the last 91 years this organisation served and continues to serve the communities in Bethlehem, Paul Roux, Clarens, Fouriesburg and Rosendal. In 1926, the organisation became affiliated to Child Welfare South Africa however it remains an independent NPO responsible for its own running costs, funding, projects, services, awareness campaigns, and management.
Who do we Serve
We are a registered child protection organisation serving children (under 18 years)
We provide the following services:
- Pre-statutory Services to Children, and their Families
- Statutory intervention where necessary (Children’s Court)
- Early intervention Services to children in need of care and protection
- Provide shelter / emergency over-night facilities to victims of domestic violence
- Streetwork programmes and a drop-in centres to children working and living on the street
- Operate a Child and Youth Care Centre for children in especially difficult circumstances or street children as part of a continuum services
- Social Services to persons with physical and mental disabilities.
- Social and reunification services to children in alternative care like foster care
- Drug and alcohol prevention services to Youth and school children which includes Ke Moja Clubs
Our service is Christian based and person centred , with respect, regardless of race, gender, age, social and financial status.
Our organisation has been existing for 90 years. Its is well known in the community and easy to find. We have exellently trainded staff with a passion for children and an excellent governing body. We are managed efectively and transparently form a foundation of sound management principles and efficient service delivery to the community